The World Congress of Faiths (WCF) is a community of individuals from different faiths and beliefs working to promote interfaith relations through spiritual dialogue. It organises conferences and lectures designed to stimulate discussion and disseminate new information on this theme.
WCF is seeking papers to be presented at its forthcoming conference:
Meetings of Minds: Conflict, Reconciliation and Inter Faith Relations
Time and Date: 10am to 4pm, Tuesday 10 September 2019
Venue: St Michael’s House, Coventry Cathedral
Keynote speaker: Dr Kristin Aune: ‘How can religious communities or professionals work for mutual respect and understanding in an educational institution?’
We will consider papers on the following and similar themes:
- What can faith communities learn from studies in reconciliation?
- Can there be mutual benefit between education for reconciliation and spiritual encounter between faiths?
- What might a polarised society expect from inter faith relations?
- Preparing young people for faith diversity
- Navigating prejudice, toleration, and reconciliation in the global context of inter faith relations and thought
You will be asked to present your own paper and take questions and will have a total of 45 minutes allocated, of which 15 minutes will be for questions. Papers should reflect original work, which may or may not have been published, and we encourage students to participate. Papers will normally be published in the WCF journal Interreligious Insight after the event.
Reasonable travel expenses will be paid to speakers.
Please send a synopsis of your paper in no more than 200 words together with your affiliation and contact details (term time and home) by Friday 21 June 2019 to: Jenny Kartupelis, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> If you have any queries, use this email or call on 01223 781781.
WCF: ESSAY AWARD 2019