The AASR 2019 Conference on ‘Religion and Violence’ is open for registration. Presenters: please ensure you register by 4 November 2019 to be included in the program. A conference schedule is nowavailable with exciting pre-conference workshops on 4 December that include:
- Masterclass on ‘Critical Religion’ with Prof Naomi Goldenberg
- AASR Postgraduate/Early Career Researcher Workshop
- The Australian Church and the Australian Settlement with Prof Marion Maddox
- Special Panel on ‘Worldviews of Australia’s Generation Z (AGZ): Negotiating Religion, Sexuality and Diversity
The Journal for the Academic Study of Religion has a new list of books up for review. More info.
Call for Papers:
- Artificial Intelligence and Religion – AIR2020, 3 – 5 March 2020, Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento. Abstract deadline: 21 October 2019. More info.
- What’s God got to do with it? Debating religion and forced migration entanglements, July 27-30, 2020, Accra, Ghana. Abstract deadline: 25 October 2019. More info.
- The 25th Nordic Conference in the Sociology of Religion. 17-19 August 2020, Gothenburg, Sweden on ‘Religious Organisation(s): Challenges and changes in contemporary society’. Session proposal deadline: 15 November 2019. More info.
- Rethinking Media, Religion and Secularities. Conference of the International Society for Media, Religion and Culture Conference location: Sigtuna Foundation, Sigtuna, Sweden. Conference dates: 4-7 of August 2020. Deadline for Paper proposals: 6 December 2019. More info.
- The XXII Quinquennial World Congress of the IAHR, hosted by the New Zealand Association for the Study of Religions, will take place at the University of Otago, in Dunedin, New Zealand from 23-29 August 2020. Submission deadline 31 December 2019. More info.
- Call for book proposals: Bloomsbury welcomes book proposals for Bloomsbury Studies in Material Religion, edited by Birgit Meyer (University of Utrecht, the Netherlands), David Morgan (Duke University, USA), Crispin Paine (UCL, UK), S. Brent Plate (Hamilton College, USA), and Amy Whitehead (Bath Spa University, UK). More info.
- Book Proposals in East Asian Religions. More info.
- Chapters: Religious Responses to Sex Work and Sex Trafficking – Routledge. Deadline for AASR members: 11 October 2019. More info.
- Special Issue: Religion, Economy, and Class in Global Context. Abstract deadline 15 October 2019. More info.
- Call for papers on Religion & Ecology for a special issue of Religions. Deadline 31 May 2020.
- The 2019 Hans Mol Memorial Lecture: “Imagining Asian Australia: Constructions of ‘Asian Religion’ and Australian Federation” by Professor Marion Maddox, 18 October 2019. More info.
- The 2019 Freilich Lecture of Bigotry and Tolerance: “An Australian Story: The Politics of Bigotry in a Tolerant Country” by David Marr. 31 October 2019. More info.
- Religion in Contemporary Society – What do we need to know to manage complexity?
31 October 2019, Turku/Åbo, Finland. More info.
- Migrant Youth in Multicultural Cities: Comparative Perspectives on Culture, Religion and Identity. 31 October 2019, Deakin University. Panellists: Prof Lori Beaman, A/Prof Serena Hussain and Prof Fethi Mansouri. More info.
- Tenure-track position in Gender & South Asian religions, specialization in Hinduism, Concordia University
- Temporary Faculty- Lecturer in Histories of Science, Medicine, Religion, Gender or the World, University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Department of History
- Global Religion Research Initiative (GRRI) – 24 one-year doctoral dissertation fellowships
- Two Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships, INTERSECT (Intersecting Flows of Islamophobia), Norgwegian School of Theology, Religion and Society