Sociology of Religion Study Group
2013 Peter B. Clarke Memorial Prize
The BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group invites postgraduates to enter the 2013 Peter B. Clarke Memorial Prize.
Essays on any aspect of contemporary religion written from a sociological perspective are welcome.
The winner of the prize will receive:
– a cheque for £100 (sponsored by Taylor & Francis)
– a £50 voucher for books from Taylor & Francis (sponsored by Routledge)
– a year’s subscription to the Journal of Contemporary Religion
If the judges decide that there is a runner-up, the second prize is a cheque for £50 (sponsored by Taylor & Francis).
The winner will have the opportunity to publish his/her essay in the Journal of Contemporary Religion (JCR), subject to the JCR’s normal peer review.
– Submitting authors must be a member of the BSA/SOCREL to enter.
Application forms are available from the Study Group website:
– Authors should be a currently registered postgraduate student at a postsecondary institution.
– The essay should be between 5000 and 7000 words, including footnotes and bibliography.
– The essay must not be available in print or electronic form or submitted for publication elsewhere.
– Submitting authors must follow the JCR style guide, available from:
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/13537903.html. Please pay especial attention to this.
– Electronic submission to Giselle Vincett (email@example.com) with cover sheet downloaded from the Study Group website.
– The essay should be sole authored, written in English and submitted as a single MS Word document attachment, including bibliography and cover sheet. Failure to incorporate the cover sheet will render disqualification.
Deadline: 15th June, 2013. For further information visit
www.socrel.org.uk or contact Dr Giselle Vincett (firstname.lastname@example.org).